Saturday, August 8, 2009

3 August 2009, Monday





I got my new issue of Juxtapoz today....and spent most of the time drooling over these two new artists in there. I haven't been so sure about that magazine since they put SO much graffiti and random stuff - but every now and then they really hit it and this was one of those times for me.

Natalia Fabia and a graffiti artist who goes by MAC...I'm attaching images of their work since I am very inspired by them today and my mind is thinking....more than drawing.

MAC (top 2 images) seems really versatile - very skilled and perfectionistic but able to freehand large-scale murals at the same time! I don't know how he does it - his murals use this crazy hatching technique to get value and a blend from color to color...they are beautiful.

Natalia (3rd & 4th images) looks JUST like Paris Hilton, but she is an amazingly skilled painter. After looking up her past work, I really think she's gotten better. Her new work is amazing....they almost look like photos, and she really concentrates on setting up the scene and capturing the lighting. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her models - I want them. I want those girls in my drawings. Find them for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment