Saturday, August 8, 2009

27 July 2009, Monday


First day of the trip - went on the coast the entire way to the Long Beach Aquarium! I have been wanting to go here for a while now, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity. It is a huge building, but there isn't as much aquarium/display space, so I had a hard time figuring that one out. It is VERY much geared towards little kids, of which there were a TON running around, so it's a cool place for families. Lots of touch tanks with rays and harmless sharks and starfish (fun!) but some of the other exhibit spaces aren't as neat. I liked it, but honestly like our dear own Birch better. And if you've ever been to the Baltimore Aquarium, you KNOW it can't be beat - maybe I'm spoiled from having been there a lot when I was a kid!

I LOVED the jellies - they are rad - like this slow-mo conceptual art exhibit instead of living sea creatures. I don't know how they don't just get all tangled up in each other! I sat and tried to draw without little ones looking over my shoulder....

No comments:

Post a Comment