Thursday, January 13, 2011

Out of my comfort zone


This is one of the pieces that I did for a class this past semester; we went in search of an area of south central LA (!!) that would make a good panorama..and had to incorporate a miniumum of 2 photos together to make the picture. This one is 2 separate pieces of paper put together.

Mine was in back of this Mexican section of town where they had all these pinatas up - this is the parking lot behind one of the buildings. There was a super cool old Caddy parked there, with lots of other cars, but I just really liked that Caddy. I ignored everything else when drawing it....it's totally out of the norm for me - there are no figures! BUT the car stands in, at least for me, as the 'character' or figure. I think of old Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry movies when I look at this now!

Sorry, the color/contrast on this pic isn't so great....

No comments:

Post a Comment