Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Only 2?

So, "what the heck??", you may be asking. What have you been DOING while you are in school..you only posted 2 pieces? Well, I have spent the last 3 weeks learning how to make panels. It's really expensive to buy them, and art stores don't even make them as big as I want, so I've had the input of like 20 people and have been through some serious experimentation to figure this stuff out. I have done it about 4 or 5 different ways as of now, and I THINK that I've got it. I'm trying different surfaces (spatula-ed gesso, sprayed- on gesso, paper on the board, etc) and different supports, and have had some serious I-wanna-punch-the-wall moments, but all in all, I think that this is good for me as a student who, as an ARTIST, needs to be making her own stuff! Plus, it saves LOTS o' money :)

No comments:

Post a Comment