Thursday, October 14, 2010

gone too long




Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything...I have NO idea where the time went. It flies. Seriously...it's MIDTERMS???? What?

Anyways...here are some experiments I did with plexiglass.

* The first one is an oil stick drawing in plexi
* 2nd - a color drawing underlay - with plexi on top (looks a little too comic booky to me)
* 3rd - a tonal drawing on brown paper with plexi over it (with minimal oil stick - just to lay in the dark tones for the drawing)

What do you think? My mentor said that I need to concentrate more on making a solid drawing and not playing around with the materials and surface as much. But I like where this is going.....I just need to really refine.

Off to LA...will post my new drawings for that class tomorrow. xo

2 comments:

  1. They are so shadowy, with great texture in those dark tones. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the third one. Are you using any white for highlights?

    ReplyDelete