Monday, April 25, 2011

First one...


Here is the 1st piece done in a series of three that I am working on (a triptych)...oddly enough, I finished the last one first. Hmm.....

The concept is that of 'redrawing' yourself, or creating your ideal persona/body/etc....her arm is unfinished on purpose...she's still drawing it, persay.

Will go more in depth when I post all 3 of them together....

Pretty stoked on this drawing though - I used a MUCH better camera to take the model pics, and thus I had a LOT more information to work off of. I could see a lot more subtle changes in value, more detail, you name it. I think this is the best (technical) drawing I've done in a while....proportion-wise, value, etc.....plus, holy crap, I've always sucked at drawing hands and...whattdya think?!!! I'm thinking the hand turned out darned good!! Composition is bugging me a little (a lot of empty space on the right), but hey - pretty excited!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited about this series! It's been so great seeing your work improve and unfold throughout this year :)

    ReplyDelete